Rooted in the liberal arts tradition, infused with modern technology, we are preparing our students for the 21st century.
The Penn Charter Technology Department's work is an integral part of a student's preparation for the future. Current innitiatives include the Student Laptop Program, integrating digital video into class projects, instructing on the use of web 2.0 tools, and providing reliable and high-functioning network services.
Simply put, our department mission is to help faculty, staff, and students use technology to do their work. We do this in many ways. The Technology Department:
- teaches technology skills in an authentic, project-based manner
- collaborates with faculty to integrate technology skills throughout the curriculum
- energizes teaching by staying ahead of the curve, researching and sharing new ideas for class instruction
- works in a detail-minded and service-oriented way to build comfort with using technology
- keeps systems stable to enable faculty, students, and staff to innovate
- provides help when there is a problem and doing the proactive work needed to keep problems from happening in the first place
- leverages resources to meet school needs
- Paul Blackwood
- Julian Guindon
- Brian Hecker
- Daniel Stahl
- Michael Moulton