Applying to Penn Charter
The common entry points at Penn Charter are pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, sixth, seventh and ninth grades, making these the best times to apply; new students are admitted to other grades if spaces are available.
As a school committed to diversity, Penn Charter welcomes students of every race, religion, socioeconomic status, ethnic background, gender, and sexual orientation and encourages applications from current families as well as children of alumni and members of the Religious Society of Friends.
Admissions Timeline for Entry in September 2017
Admissions Update: as of April 4, first, third, fourth, fifth, ninth and twelfth grades are full; applications are being accepted for waitpool status in those six grades. There are limited spaces in all other grades.
Financial Aid Update: as of April 4, availability of funds for 2017-18 is extremely limited. If you would like to submit an application and will need financial assistance, please call the Admissions Office before submitting the application at 215-844-3460 ext. 199 (grades pre-K to 5) or ext. 103 (grades 6-12).
The admissions timeline for the coming academic year:
- Complete admissions file by the deadline for first-round decisions:
- Dec. 15, 2016 for Lower School
- Jan. 6, 2017 for Middle and Upper School
- Applicants continue to inquire, apply and visit. Decisions are made as files are completed.
- Admissions Office mails the earliest round of acceptance letters on: Jan. 19, 2017.
- Deadline to complete admissions file for second-round decisions:
- Jan. 30, 2017 for Lower School
- Jan. 30, 2017 for Middle and Upper Schools
- Admissions Office mails second round of admissions decisions on Feb. 6, 2017.
- Families must accept Penn Charter’s offer of admission by March 1, 2017.
After February, applicants will continue to be considered based on availability of space.
Apply online – it is an efficient process and more than 95 percent of our applicants chose that method last year.
For your convenience, all of the supporting documents for the application process are available by download from the list below. If you would prefer paper copies of these materials, please contact the Admissions Office by email or by telephone at 215-844-3460 ext. 103.
Middle and Upper School Admissions Materials
Admissions packet for Admissions packet for Grades 6 to 12
Penn Charter admits students of any race, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
Penn Charter does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national or ethnic origin in administration or educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.