The College Counseling Office will again offer its annual Coffee with the College Counselors program for the parents of ninth graders.
The program, which will take place during the week of January 25, offers informal coffee hours to introduce the parents of the Class of 2019 to the college counseling team and provide an overview of the Penn Charter college counseling philosophy. Because PC closed on Monday, Jan. 25, and opened two hours late on Tuesday, College Counseling has added a new session. Programs will be offered at 8 am on Jan. 27, 28 and 29.
"The program reduces anxiety and gives parents an opportunity to ask questions about this very important process," explained Director of College Counseling Daniel Evans.
So that these morning programs can be personal and interactive, the ninth grade families are divided, alphabetically, into four smaller groups.
Some of the topics that will be discussed include:
- Overview of the Penn Charter College Counseling program
- Creating a strong college application: objective vs. subjective
- Academic course planning: rigor of curriculum vs. academic performance
- Standardized testing: what to do when
- Extracurricular Involvement: the importance of depth and commitment
More about College Counseling at Penn Charter.