Serving Others on MLK Jr. Day
Posted 01/27/2016 05:57PM
Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
On the Greater Philadelphia MLK Day of Service, hundreds of Penn Charter students, parents and teachers came together to contribute to the surrounding community in the following ways:
- Collecting and sorting clothing for Our Closet, which provides free clothing to people in need at pop-up shops.
- Painting classroom doors, reenergizing the recycling program, and outfitting a new library with books (many of them donated) at Rhodes School.
- Packing fresh and packaged food, plus a little painting, for SHARE, a nonprofit food provider in Allegheny West.
- Sharing civics lessons about voting and writing letters to elected officials with St. James School students.
- Making sports-themed bracelets for the Police Athletic League (PAL).
- Beautifying PAL by painting canvases and making window boxes.
- Supporting the Live Like Blaine foundation.
Thank you to everyone who participated! Enjoy the photos.