March 30, 2023
Take a break from spring break with a special edition of SportsZone spotlighting a Penn Charter student-athlete: sophomore Alli DeLisi!
Alli started cross country and track & field when she was just six-years-old. Now 15, she continues to chase down the running accolades, most recently at the Nike Indoor Nationals in March, where she won the 800-meter with a personal-best time of 2:10.20. There, she also broke several PC records in the 800-meter and 4x400m relay, placing her 4th in the nation at that time.
Alli ended the indoor track season as the top-ranked sophomore in the U.S. and #11 in the country for all ages, as well as top-ranked in the state out of all age groups. She has received All-American honors for both events.
Before coming to Penn Charter as a freshman, Alli went to Holy Family from kindergarten through 6th grade and then attended Phoenixville High School from 7th to 8th grade. Her career in cross country and track & field started at the Catholic Youth Association (CYO) and Ambler Olympic Club.
Family friends who also participated in CYO cross country and track & field introduced her to Penn Charter.
“PC’s environment is awesome and I’m really glad I chose to go to school here,” says Alli.
Even though Alli played basketball and softball, she fell in love with cross country and track & field and devotes her time and energy to improving her performance.
“I love the nature of the sport," Alli said. "I love working to achieve the goals I set at the beginning of the season. I also love the atmosphere in big races when I get the opportunity to race the best runners in the country. I love my teammates and coaches. I hope to go to college for running one day and further my career with it.”
While running, Alli explains that it's really important for her to focus on staying positive and consistent.
"Keeping a positive mindset helps me to know I can keep going and continue to do the best I can," she said. "Consistency is also key, so I know I can manage a good pace and hold it. While running does make me feel really tired, it also makes me feel so great after because it gives me the feeling that I’ve done something I’m really proud of and I gave it my all."
Beyond the Finish Line
What do you like about Penn Charter?
“My favorite things about PC are Color Day and PC/GA Day because those days are when the whole school comes together to have a competitive, fun time.”
What's your favorite subject?
One word that describes Penn Charter.
“'Community' because we all show care and support for one another.”
One word that describes you.
“'Determined' because I’m always looking to achieve my goals without giving up.”
- 2023 PTFCA Indoor All-State
- 2023 PTFCA 800m State Champion
- 2022 PAISAA XC Individual Champion and 1st Team All-State
- 2022 1st Team all Inter-Ac in XC
- 2022 Inter-Ac 400m, 800m, and 4x400m relay champion (Team Champion)
- 2022 PAISAA Mile Champion (Team Champion)
- 2022 1st Team All-Inter-Ac Track and Field
- 2022 New Balance Indoor Nationals All-American
- 2022 PTFCA XC All-State, 2022 PTFCA Indoor Track All-State
- 2021 and 2022 PC/GA Day XC MVP
- 2021 Foot Locker Northeast Regional Freshman Champion
- 2021 Inter-Ac XC Champion and Runner of the Year
- 2021 1st Team All-Inter-Ac XC
- 2021 PAISAA XC 1st Team All-State (Team Champion)
- PC records, Indoor Track: 400m, 800m, Mile, 4x400m Relay, 4x800m Relay
- PC records, Outdoor Track: 400m, 1600m, Mile, 4x800m Relay
Congrats Alli! You make us PC proud!