Preview PC's Middle School
We place students in developmentally appropriate yet challenging situations where being uncomfortable is expected and celebrated as an opportunity for growth.
Fostering intellectual, physical and emotional growth through an age-appropriate curriculum and a facility designed to support our learners.
Our curriculum, taught by a faculty devoted to teaching ages 11-14, reflects a department-based program enhanced by cross-cultural themes and projects with true intellectual weight. Students begin immediately to undertake tasks calling for more personal organization, study skills, critical thinking, and independent and group work.
Students in Middle School, sixth through eighth grade.
William Penn founded his school in 1689 to educate citizens for the new world.
Average class size in Middle School.
1:1 laptop program in grades 6-8, supported by a full-time MS technology coordinator.
More Middle School Fast Facts
- MS Student:Teacher Ratio: 7:1
- 39% identify as students of color
- 43% students receive financial aid
- Geographic diversity: MS students hail from 47 ZIP codes across 4 counties and 86% are Philadelphia residents.
- Transportation: There are many ways to arrive at Penn Charter, including school bus, private bus or shuttle, public bus, train, and car.
Life at Penn Charter
PC students reflect and share their favorites.
Student clubs and activities let you find your niche at PC.
Nick M. shares why PC's athletic program stands out.
Gabbi shares the keys to success in balancing the workload.
Grace shares her thoughts on diving into student life at PC.