Preview PC's Upper School
Every student can charter their own unique path through this dynamic educational experience built upon a foundational student-teacher relationship.
What would it mean to work at the edge of what you already know? To step out beyond the safe answers and the talents that have always come naturally? To pursue ideas with real depth?
Our vigorous college preparatory program is rooted in the breadth of the arts and sciences as well as new fields of inquiry and skills such as environmental issues, global awareness, commitment to community and technology.
After much study, Penn Charter has decided to move beyond the College Board Advanced Placement (AP) program in favor of our own rigorous advanced courses that provide for innovative teaching and deeper exploration of content areas.
Students in Upper School, ninth through twelfth grade.
William Penn founded his school in 1689 to educate citizens for the new world.
Average class size in Upper School.
1:1 laptop program in grades 9-12, supported by a full-time US technology coordinator.
More Upper School Fast Facts
- US Student:Teacher Ratio: 7:1
- 29% identify as students of color
- 37% students receive need-based financial aid
- Geographic diversity: US students hail from 108 ZIP codes across 9 counties and 56% are Philadelphia residents.
- Transportation: There are many ways to arrive at Penn Charter, including school bus, private bus or shuttle, public bus, train, and car.
Life at Penn Charter
A lively day of student-led workshops and talent showcase.
Look behind-the-scenes on the student-produced news show.
Students take the lead on every aspect of putting on a performance.
Hear from Nyah about her transition to Middle School and the classes and clubs she loved.
Watch for insight into a day in Middle School