Preview PC's Upper School
Every student can charter their own unique path through this dynamic educational experience built upon a foundational student-teacher relationship.
What would it mean to work at the edge of what you already know? To step out beyond the safe answers and the talents that have always come naturally? To pursue ideas with real depth?
Our vigorous college preparatory program is rooted in the breadth of the arts and sciences as well as new fields of inquiry and skills such as environmental issues, global awareness, commitment to community and technology.
Students in Upper School, ninth through twelfth grade.
William Penn founded his school in 1689 to educate citizens for the new world.
Average class size in Upper School.
1:1 laptop program in grades 9-12, supported by a full-time US technology coordinator.
More Upper School Fast Facts
- US Student:Teacher Ratio: 7:1
- 39% identify as students of color
- 43% students receive financial aid
- Geographic diversity: US students hail from 47 ZIP codes across 4 counties and 86% are Philadelphia residents.
- Transportation: There are many ways to arrive at Penn Charter, including school bus, private bus or shuttle, public bus, train, and car.
Life at Penn Charter