Penn Charter athletes enjoyed an abbreviated but exciting spring Inter-Ac season and finished strong.
- Crew did well across the board in the Stotesbury Cup Regatta. That sculling competition draws teams from around the nation and Penn Charter sent three boats to the finals and had the best outcome among the local teams: a silver Stotesbury medal for our boys freshman quad (pictured below). Stotesbury details in Chestnut Hill Local.
- Girls track had an outstanding day at the final Inter-Ac meet, at Germantown Academy. Peyton Parker (300m hurdles), Dani Shipon (800m) and Olivia Montini (3,200m) each won first place. And the girls – Julia Dolce, Montini, Zwall and Shipon – won the 4 x 800 relay. Zwall won second in a photo-finish 1,600m race, and Amanda Ehrenhalt took third in the 100m hurdles.
- Girls lacrosse fell in the championship to Agnes Irwin 8-7, a heartbreaker decided by an AI goal with 37 seconds left to play. Girls lax was seeded first and got a bye on Tuesday then defeated ND Villanova 13-12 on Thursday. Re-watch the Thursday livestream. Rewatch Saturday livestream.
- Baseball lost to Malvern 6-3 on Saturday in a tough championship game. The Quakers were seeded second and got a bye on Tuesday. On Thursday they hosted Episcopal and won 2-0. Re-watch the Thursday livestream. Rewatch Saturday livestream.
- Softball was seeded second and advanced after a 15-8 win on Tuesday against Notre Dame. PC hosted Springside Chestnut Hill on Thursday, but fell 5-6. Re-watch the Thursday livestream.
- Boys track competed at Malvern on Friday. Rewatch livestream.
- Boys tennis was seeded fourth and advanced after a 4-3 Tuesday over Springside Chestnut Hill. The Quakers traveled to play #1 seed Episcopal Academy on Thursday, but lost 2-5.
- Boys lacrosse was seeded fifth and lost to GA 8-7 on Tuesday.