In an unprecedented show of support for the school on Great Day to Be a Quaker, 515 donors contributed more than $525,000 to support excellence at Penn Charter. We are still tallying all the numbers, but more than half a million dollars raised in just one day is remarkable!
- Gifts came in quickly in the morning, and we met the $100,000 dollar-for-dollar match before noon.
- More than 50 parents of new students donated, securing a $50,000 gift from an OPC challenge donor.
- Faculty and staff giving swiftly met the $10,000 dollar-for-dollar match from the Alumni Society, raising more than $25,000.
- In all, more than 515 donors made a gift on March 15, winning the $25,000 challenge gift celebrating community participation.
- The Blue team earned another win in the Blue-Yellow Challenge, surpassing the Yellow team by more than 30 donors.
Great Day to Be a Quaker is a spirited day that resonates across generations, and social media invites our far-flung community to pass through the red doors, virtually, and share the excitement.
- Our website saw an 11-fold increase in traffic on March 15.
- On Twitter, @penncharter saw three times the likes and three times the retweets.
- On Facebook, we gained 170 new followers and the new @penncharterOPC Twitter account gained 20 new followers.
Parents, OPCs and students in Philadelphia enjoyed events and fun throughout the day:
- Jack Rogers Hon. 1689 had breakfast with OPCs and friends at Sunnybrook Golf Club.
- On campus, the day opened with with musical performances by talented students.
- Parents at a pop-up espresso bar in the Kurtz Center lobby heard from OPCs about life after Penn Charter.
- Head of School Darryl J. Ford visited the pre-K to answer youngsters' questions about how he spends each day.
- Students, faculty and staff alike got a little silly in the photo booth.
- Director of Alumni Relations Chris Rahill traversed the city to surprise OPCs with the news of their induction into the 2019 Athletic Honor Society.
- In the evening, local OPCs gathered in Center City to kick off the St. Patrick's Day weekend and to celebrate Penn Charter.
- Watch a video overview of the Great Day fun we had on campus, of view photos on Flickr!
What a truly great day!