Middle School V Girls Squash
- 1st Practice - Monday, November 23, 2015
- Practice Days/Times: Monday through Thursdays, 3:00-4:00 p.m., Friday 2:45-3:45 p.m.
- There are no practices during school vacations, although optional clinics or practice times may be offered.
- Practice Location: Kline & Specter Squash Center, and the "Old Courts" on the main campus.
- Player should provide the following equipment:
- Racquet and protective eyewear
- Approximate costs for a good quality starter racquet and protective eyewear are $70-90 and $25 respectively. The PC coaches can advise on this equipment and can assist in the purchase. Quality used equipment may also be available for sale.
- Beware of purchasing a low-end racquet from a sporting goods store. Many of these $50+/- racquets are very heavy, and we recommend against them.
- Many players will have the same brand of racquets and eyewear. For this reason, it is essential that all equipment be labeled with the students name.
- Clean-soled non-marking indoor court shoes. These sneakers must be reserved for indoor use only, so that dirt is not tracked onto the courts from outside.
- The primary goal of Middle School squash is skill development. For interscholastic matches, we attempt to match up by ability with the opposing team. In general, the top 9 players will participate in most matches, but it is our expectation that all players will have at least one or two opportunities to participate in team matches. As well, there will be play and/or challenge matches every day, in addition to skill development practices and age appropriate conditioning, so lots of fun for all!