Great Day Success!
Penn Charter's third annual Great Day to Be a Penn Charter Quaker was a roaring success!
Opening with musical performances by our talented students and a pop-up espresso bar for parents, Great Day got going with a jolt. Over on the Main Line, several OPCs and former faculty had breakfast with Jack Rogers Hon. 1689. Head of School Darryl J. Ford visited pre-K and the Quaker popped in on Lower and Middle School, delivering cake and blue and yellow basketballs marking March Madness. Chris Rahill, director of alumni relations, traversed the city, visiting OPCs and parents in their workplaces for #RahillOnTheRoad. In the evening, local OPCs gathered in Center City to watch the opening of the NCAA tournament and to be together to celebrate Penn Charter. See photos on flickr.
In one day our community:
- Raised $398,217 from 507 donors!
- Met all the challenges set before us, and exceeded our goals.
- The Blue is the winner in the Blue-Yellow Challenge.
- Social media engagement spiked on Facebook and Twitter.
- OPCs and friends enjoyed fresh and fun videos from afar.
- Parents, students and faculty connected on campus about what makes each day a great day at Penn Charter.
Want to revisit the fun or catch up on what you might have missed (there was a lot to see!)? Use #GreatDayPC to see the photos, conversations and videos on Twitter and Facebook. Or, visit the Great Day page to read posts and watch videos.
Thank you for making March 15 a great day to be a Penn Charter Quaker!