Because of the coming snowstorm and in the interest of safety, all of today's after-school activities are cancelled. Of course, we will be here until the last child is picked up.
Here are the specifics you need to know.
- All after-school activities pre-K to 12 are cancelled, including Lower School conferences scheduled for today. (See below for more about Middle and Lower School conferences.)
- Once school is dismissed today at the regular time we will keep students waiting for buses or pickup in their divisions: Lower School in Trask Library, Middle School in Balderston Commons, Upper School in Gummere Library. We'll have water and snacks for the students.
- If your child is enrolled in the Lower School After-School Program, please try to pick up as soon as possible after the end of the regular school day; of course, we will have adult supervision until you arrive.
- The Penn Charter buses and Center City shuttle will run their first trips, but the second trips are cancelled. Some public school districts are picking up early; if your child rides a public school bus, please watch for communications from those districts.
- Parents who decide to pick up their children before dismissal should contact the division office.
WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY
At the moment, the forecast indicates that we likely won't be able to open tomorrow, or able to clear the campus on Thursday in time for students, faculty and families to arrive for parent conferences and student-led conferences.
Because we always want to open and teach when possible, and because the forecast could change, we will make a decision about Wednesday later today and share that decision with you this evening in a second email/text communication. Sometime tomorrow we will communicate about Thursday.
The parent conferences scheduled for this week are valuable and important. We are discussing how to reschedule those, or whether to restructure them, and we will communicate that in a third email as soon as we have finalized a plan. We are sorry for the inconvenience that this cancellation poses for many parents.
Drive carefully and stay safe!
Welcome to Penn Charter Summer Camps in Philadelphia. For 50 years we have been making summer fun! Read camp director Charlie Kaesshaefer's reflections on summer camps past and present.
We offer something to engage and inspire every child and teen. Design your own summer: Mix a few weeks of Day Camp and Sports Camp with Science Invention, Girls Empowerment, Filmmaking or Adventures in Animation. Experience everything! Register online.
- 50 Years of Summer Camp
- Day Camp
- Sports Camp
- Performing Arts Camp
- Enrichment Camp
- Science Camp
- Science Invention Camp
- Science Engineering Camp
- Robotics Camp
- Rocketry Camp
- Drone Camp
- Girls Empowerment Camp
- Adventures in Animation Camp
- Handwork Studio Camps
- Chess Camp
- Filmmaking Academy
- CodeCraft Academy: Minecraft
- DesignCraft Academy: Minecraft
- Varsity Camps (Tennis, Wrestling, Squash, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer)