Register online! (Read Enrollment Information.)
Soccer Camp by Scholar-Athlete Advantage
About Scholar-Athlete Advantage
Scholar-Athlete Advantage (SAA) is an athletic and educational services organization whose mission is to help student-athletes improve and maximize their performance through athletic testing, tactical and technical instruction, team building, “thinking the game” and various educational presentations.
Team discounts are available for full-day soccer program and high school preseason evening program. $25 will be deducted from each player's tuition for teams of five or more players. Register online but do not pay yet. Email the camp office (email@example.com) and let us know the team and the other players, and we will apply the discount. Then you can complete the payment process.
Option 1: Full-day soccer camp, 9 am-3 pm M-Th, 9 am-12 pm on Friday
Option 2: Half-day soccer camp, 9 am-12 pm, Mon-Fri
Option 3: High School Preseason Preparation Training, 5-8 pm, Monday-Thursday
Option 4: Guiding Future Stars, 3:45-4:45 pm, Monday-Thursday
Option 5: High School Preseason Preparation Training plus Guiding Future Stars, 3:45-8 pm, Monday-Thursday
Chris Jones is a graduate of Penn Charter and both played and coached there and continued his career as a three-year starter at
Jeff Stever both played and coached soccer at
Bobby DiBenedetto is currently the Head boys Varsity Soccer Coach at Penn Charter and has over 20 years of coaching experience in the Inter-Academic League.
Program Highlights for Soccer Camp (Options 1 & 2)
There are five major components of this camp:
- Technical and Tactical Training. The technical and tactical portion of the SAA soccer camp will focus on individual foot skills such as identifying and demonstrating the proper ways to strike/pass/chip a ball, the importance of the first touch and trapping, movement with and without the ball, and defending both on and off the ball. Instruction will be done in both small and large groups with an emphasis on remaining active throughout training sessions.
- Thinking the Game. The mental aspect of sports is a crucial part of player development. SAA’s coaching staff will instruct campers on the importance of attacking and defending as a unit, understanding proper communication on the field, and knowing one’s individual role in different game action scenarios.
- Team Building. Our coaching staff will impress upon campers the importance of teamwork and collaboration during both training and competition. We have designed age specific team building games and exercises to develop and understand a “team-first” approach to soccer.
- Competition. Campers will participate in two competitive formats. The first will be a 3 vs. 3 tournament that will be ongoing throughout the week. This competition will give counselors the opportunity to identify campers’ strengths and weaknesses in a small-sided setting and is extremely fun for campers. The second is a World Cup competition that will take place on Thursday and Friday and will allow campers to compete in full-sided games with instruction being given throughout the games.
- Athletic Combine Testing. All campers in the SAA soccer camp will participate in a soccer combine which will be facilitated by the camp counselors through the use of state of the art Fusion Sports Smartspeed Testing Equipment. Each camper will complete six combine tests including a 40-yard dash, vertical jump, pro-agility drill, zig zag drill, shot velocity test, and 5-point star drill. Results from the combines will be returned to individual campers on a player profile sheet detailing each camper’s performance.
Program Highlights for High School Preseason Preparation Training and Guiding Future Stars (Options 3, 4 & 5)
This High School Preseason Preparation Training Camp will be staffed with several local collegiate coaches and will focus on conditioning, speed and agility, development of individual skills, and tactical training. The program is completely non-contact, and all tactical training will be done in a walk-through setting. See the five major components above for additional program highlights, particularly the Athletic Combine Testing. (This camp runs 5-8 pm, Monday-Thursday.)
High School students who choose only the Guiding Future Stars Option will participate in the academic option 3:45 pm-4:45 pm each day, Monday-Thursday.
High School students who choose the Guided Future Stars Option plus the Preseason Preparation Training will participate in the academic option 3:45-4:45 pm and then the preseason training 5-8 pm (Monday-Thursday). SAA has partnered with Guiding Future Stars to offer a four hour mini course on Designing Your Pathway to College Sports. By utilizing the E-Book and Workbook, this mini course is a comprehensive curriculum that will help prospective student-athletes navigate through the steps of the recruiting process. The digital college recruiting road map is a valuable tool for high school student-athletes who want to continue their academic and athletic career at the next level. The step-by-step plan walks students through everything they need to know and everything they need to do in order to find the best college experience academically, athletically, personally, and socially. (Please note: This is not an organized event for high schools, and no high school coaches will be present.)