Wrap-Up of Tuesday Action
The future will be very bright for PC's girls varsity swimming program . . . and the present ain't half-bad, either.
The Inter-Ac's individual championships were held Tuesday at Episcopal Academy and performers in grades below 11 were dominant for the Quakers.
Here are the PC swimmers who finished in the Top 6 in their events. These girls were able to stand proudly on blocks as their accomplishments were announced to the spectators.
- 200 medley relay — third in 1:55.75. Ninth-grader Annika Murray, eighth grader Marissa Lopez-Ona, ninth-grader Ayana Opong-Nyantekyi and sophomore Greer Guyer
- 200 freestyle — sophomore Madison Freeland, third in 2:00.85; eighth grader Gabby Lopez-Ona, fifth in 2:07.43
- 100 butterfly — Gabby Lopez-Ona, fifth in 1:02.42
- 100 freestyle — Freeland, third in 55.37
- 200 freestyle relay — fourth in 1:46.23. Gabby Lopez-Ona, Opong-Nyantekyi, Murray and Freeland
- 400 freestyle relay — fourth in 3:55.98. Gabby Lopez-Ona, junior Hannah Griffith, Guyer and Freeland
- 200 individual medley — Marissa Lopez-Ona, sixth in 2:17.86
- 100 breaststroke — Griffith, sixth in 1:14.32
Also on Tuesday, the varsity basketball teams suffered setbacks.
The girls hosted Episcopal Academy and fell by 59-53. Seniors Hannah Fox (19, four three-pointers) and Ayanna Matthews (15) were joined in double-figure scoring by junior Mireyah "Rey" Davis (14).
The boys traveled to Germantown Academy and were muffled, 55-35. Soph Mason Williams managed to score nine points.
Choose groups to clone to: