The College Counseling Office is excited for its annual College Kick-Off Program for Class of 2017 Parents on Tuesday, Dec. 8.
The program begins at 7 p.m., in the Upper School Meeting Room, and is designed to give 11th grade parents an introduction to the college search process, including:
- Goals of the College Search Process
- The College Search Timeline
- Standardized Testing – What to Take When
- The Importance of Visiting Campuses
- Creating a Balanced College List
- Team Work: Defining the Roles of the Student, Parent and College Counselor
- Utilizing Data via Technology
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
The college counselors also will distribute to parents personalized registration codes to Naviance; for the past 14 years, Penn Charter has utilized the Naviance web-based technology to assist students with their college searches and to manage application activity.
The college counselors are eager to meet and help Class of 2017 parents initiate the college search process!